Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hi! Here is my final St. Patrick's Day mani right under the wire. Better late than never right? Doing this mani reminded me why I don't do nail art; I suck at it and I don't have the patience for it. First off, here are the polishes I used:

 L-R: OPI Fresh Frog Of Bel Air, OPI Alpine Snow, BB Couture Apollo

L-R: China Glaze Mingle With Kringle, China Glaze Starboard, Spoiled Show Me The Money

And here is the finished look:
On the thumb I did a base of Alpine Snow topped with Fresh Frog Of Bel Air. On the index and pinky fingers I used a base of Starboard topped with Show Me The Money. The middle finger is a base of Alpine Snow taped off with Starboard and Apollo. And the ring finger is Mingle With Kringle. For some reason I decided to do the glitter toppers before the taped off Irish flag finger. When I was cutting the tape I mangled my thumb on one of my hands with the finger holes of the scissors. When I peeled off the tape for flag one of the pieces broke in the middle so I had to use tweezers to try and remove it and totally jacked up the polish in the process. Then on the other hand the polish seeped under the tape and messed up my straight line. It was an aggravating, frustrating mess! I'm surprised they look even half as good as they do. I have to say I absolutely love Mingle With Kringle which I got this weekend at Sally for $1.72 or something ridiculously cheap like it.

So yeah, not my prettiest mani but it'll do. Hope everyone is having a good day! We had a little potluck at work and now I'm sitting at home with my honey; we're too old to go out drinking and carrying on. And that's just how I like that.

'Til We Meet Again...
Rebecca  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment