Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fall-ing Leaves And Cozy Times

Hi all! I'm back with my last 2 Fall manicures. I'm busting out the Christmas stuff this weekend so this is the last of it for me. I hadn't done any stamping for awhile and had an idea for a manicure so decided to see if I could bring it to life. It ALMOST turned out the way I had imagined. The main problem was that I thought I had a different shaped leaf on my plates so it wasn't exactly what I had in mind. These are the polishes I used:
 L-R: OPI A Roll In The Hague (Holland Collection), Rescue Beauty Lounge Jane (Housewives Of Tudor England Collection), BB Couture Uranus (A Touch Of Greece Collection), Zoya Shawn
L-R: China Glaze Mahogany Magic (Hunger Games Collection), China Glaze Brownstone (Metro Uptown Collection), China Glaze Trendsetter (Metro Downtown Collection)

I started with a base of Jane so all of the other colors would really pop against it. For the most part they did with the exception of the two lightest colors; but they helped add some depth to it. I used Bundle Monster plates BM05 and BM221 for the leaves. I realized after I did it that I had stamped them so my pics would be upside-down...oh well. Here is the finished product: 

 After that manicure I realized I still had another Fall glitter from Lush Lacquer that I hadn't used yet.

I alternated some of the same colors I used for my leaf mani and did 2 accent nails with the glitter.

My pinky and middle fingers kinda look like poop (literally) but I really love how this turned out! Lush Lacquer makes the most amazing polishes; I used 2 coats here and it was pretty much full coverage. It applies like butter and there is definitely no fishing to get an amazing array of glitter. It dries pretty gritty and per usual with glitter on my nails, I could not get it to smooth out. My body chemistry must just react to glitters in such a way that it just makes them soak up the topcoat like nobody's business. And last but not least, I of course made a pair of earrings...
Sorry about the length of this post. To be honest I was just too lazy to break it up into 2 posts. If you are interested in checking out any of Lush Lacquer's glitters you can find their Etsy shop here. Have a great weekend!

'Til We Meet Again...
Rebecca  :)

*I purchased all of these products myself* 



 

2 comments:

  1. Loving both of these. They make me feel so warm and cozy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love these kinds of colors and this time of year. :)

      Delete