Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Neon Candy Corn Eyes

Hi all! Happy Halloween! Anybody do anything fun? Nothing too exciting here. I have Wednesdays off so I slept in super late, we walked on over to Starbucks for our caffeine fix, got some super nommy burritos for dinner, I baked some pumpkin blondie bars and now hubs and I are going to settle in and watch the finale of Face Off and maybe a horror movie or two. Pretty much the perfect day actually.

So,  I had been toying with the idea of doing a candy corn look with eyeshadow to go along with the candy corn nails I did last week. I was going to do the "normal" yellow and orange but then realized it might look really cool using neons! I had recently gotten the Sleek Acid palette but hadn't gotten around to playing with it yet. I had been eyeing this palette for ages but as neon pigments aren't approved for use on the eyes here in the states it isn't as easy as jumping online and ordering it. Luckily my friend Sarah who lives in Ireland was kind enough to order it for me and send it my way. Here's a pic of it in all of its neon-y goodness. Isn't it amazing?
These colors are definitely out of my comfort zone but I'm really trying to step out of my usual box these days and try new things. Here's the finished product.


      Products used:
          -Sleek divine eyeshadow palette in Acid
          -Wet 'n Wild eye shadow trio in Fly Me To The Moon (the white shade)
          -Tick:Tock Cosmetics infinity eye shadow base in Milky Way
          -Jesse's Girl eye shadow palette in Brown Eyed Girl (an orange shade for my brows)
          -Milani Eye Tech Extreme liquid eye liner in Blackest Black
          -Stila Major Lash mascara 

I used a white eye shadow base by Tick:Tock Cosmetics (infinity eye shadow base in Milky Way) and that stuff is amazing! The white allowed the colors to really pop and the shadows stayed put forever (or at least until I scrubbed them off that night)! I would highly recommend that you try it if you are looking for an amazing eyeshadow base.

I was pretty pleased with how this turned out. I did a cute Halloween look today too that I'll post about soon. Hope everyone had a great day!

'Til We Meet Again...
Rebecca  :)

*I purchased some of these products myself and received some as gifts*



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Holy cow! I just saw this comment! I am such a horrible blogger. Lol. Thanks dear!

      Delete