Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Get To Live Here!

So, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten sick of where I live and wanted to move somewhere else. I live in a pretty small area, there isn't a lot of opportunity, and even though there are a lot of liberal-minded people there are also a lot of closed-minded attitudes. But then I'll remember that I live in an area that a LOT of people come to for vacation and I'm really lucky to be here. I was reminded of that again today when hubby and I went for a hike.

We went to Montana de Oro State Park which is literally 5 minutes away from our apartment. It's a beautiful area with beaches, campgrounds and lots of hiking trails. We went camping there earlier in the week but only stayed for one night because it was so foggy and cold. But today was a totally different story; it was absolutely gorgeous! We went on the Reservoir Flats Trail which was a little under 2 miles. This was the view a short way into the hike:


Then we came up onto this awesome creek. It reminded me of when I was a kid and my brother, sister and I would spend hours upon hours in places like this looking for minnows, tadpoles and any other kind of slimy creature we could find. We could actually hear this creek gurgling from where we camped this week and it was such a soothing sound to fall asleep to. 


We wound our way up to the top of the hill opposite from where we started. From this point we could look down onto the campground where we stayed last week. 


A bit further along and we were at the top part of the trail that led down to the end. And here's the view from there: 


And it's moments like this that make me realize I live in a beautiful place. If I have to be broke and struggling I may as well be here! Hope you had a great weekend!



Til we meet again.

Rebecca  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment